Posts in this project
This is the last post for this project
Final demo video
I installed the board and the battery inside a box and added an external switch to detect when the box is lifted up or put back down on the floor. I placed the box in different places of my testbed environment and checked predicted position on my Android application
As usual, at the end of a design challenge, it's time to wrap up what I learnt and what could have been done better
What I learnt
- PSoC6 and Modus Toolbox: two great new tools, I was really impressed by the quality of IDE, documentation and examples. On github, there is plenty of examples for each possible development topic, which is very good when you start a new project from scratch
- Low-power design: thanks to this design challenge, I had the opportunity to go deeper into the low-power design principles, the challenges you faces when designing for battery-powered devices and how to lower power consumption
- Indoor localization: the challenge was also an opportunity to study how indoor localization works. After several nights spent studying papers and source code, I feel like Jack Sparrow in this frame - i.e. completely lost. WiFi-based localization is really a mess!
Things to improve
- PSoC6 low-power design principles: I would have liked to have more time to spend investigating how to move part of the application from CM4 to CM0 (which is slightly less power-hungry)
- WiFi passwords provisioning: one feature I think would be very nice to have is the ability to set and store WiFi passwords for different APs. Because PSoC6 board as an FRAM, it would have been very interesting to investigate how to use FRAM memory for thsi purpose
That's all, folks!
Thanks for following my posts! Appreciate you spent some of your time to read my findings and progress. I wish all the best!
Code is available at