MagI³C DC/DC Power Conversion
The design of interference-free power supplies is by no means trivial and ties up scarce development resources. Integrated power supply modules that can be easily inserted into an application as a ready-made solution provide a remedy here. Such a power module represents the evolution of a discrete DC/DC voltage converter. All discrete components including controller IC, transistors, diodes, inductors and small capacitors are integrated into one package. All the following design steps, which are necessary for a discrete DC/DC converter, have already been performed in a MagI³C power module:
- Design of the DC/DC converter itself
- Select the topology
- Select the controller IC
- Calculate and select the power parts (MOSFET, Diode, Inductor)
- Calculate and select the input and output capacitors
- Test bench development
- Optimization for stable regulation over the entire input/output voltage and load current range
- Layout routing for good EMI and thermal performance
- Validation of the overall design for easy manufacturing
- Pre compliance tests for EMI and safety
- Logistics chain and production security
MagI³C power modules allow application developers to simply select a module based on the electrical specifications of the application and get rid of all the design steps mentioned above . Therefore, a power module enables design engineers to speed up the process of integrating a power supply into their system compared to a conventional discrete DC/DC converter design.
The DC/DC power modules offer a high power density solution in a small footprint.
Service & Support
Do you have questions or suggestions on the topics of design-in support, PCB layout review, EMC filters or thermal design? We will be happy to help you!
With just a few details, we can answer your enquiry.
Layout Review Support
EMC Filter Design Support
Thermal Design Support
Videos / Webinars / Tutorials
Würth Elektronik Videos from #askLorandt_explains:
- MagI³C Power Modules as LED driver Evaluation board practical demonstration
- Multi Color LED Driver with MagI³C Modules
- Current sharing with MagI³C Power Modules
Videos from third parties:
- Netzteil mit Step-Down-Modul Kann das funktionieren?
- Atari 2600 restaurieren Es geht weiter!
- How to make your own Night Vision Device!
- MicroModules - DC/DC Step-Down Converters f. Space-Constr. Applications
- MicroModule design-in made easy - Tips and tricks
- Improving the EMI performance of isolated power modules
- Coming soon
To get behind the magic of the MagI³C Power Modules:
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Basic Knowledge - Isolated MagI³C Power Module Masters the 24V Industry Bus
- See simulations in REDEXPERT®