What's new in the 2021.1 BSPs:
- Updated Linux kernel and yocto build system
- Removed Chromium web browser from the Ultra96-V2 (this dramatically reduces BSP build time!)
- Added 'ConnMan' Connection Manager to Ultra96-V2 for WiFi LAN configuration
- New HDMI Rx & Tx BSP for the UltraZed-EV (requires Vivado HDMI IP license to rebuild the Vivado project)
- New NVME (PCIe) BSP for the UltraZed-EV (requires NVME M.2 SSD and Opsero FPGADrive FMC adapter)
The UltraZed and Ultra96-V2 BSPs also include the logic pieces in the programmable logic (PL) fabric to allow them to be used as the basis for a Xilinx Vitis platform to allow users to create custom accelerators or experiment with the provided vector addition example. The vector addition example can be used as a good way to get started using Vitis.
Instructions for how to install these BSPs can be found in Xilinx UG1144.
Ready-to-boot Linux OS binaries are provided in the pre-built folder of the installed BSP (<BSP>/pre-built/linux/images/). Each BSP supports multiple boot methods depending on what the hardware supports. To boot the provided Linux OS image select a supported boot method and read the provided <BSP>/pre-built/linux/images/how_to_boot.txt file for booting instructions.
The underlying Vivado hardware platform is also provided in the <BSP>/hardware folder and can be used as the basis for further customization.
If you need to further customize the Linux OS or Vivado project you can rebuild the OS images by running the provided rebuild_<BSP>.sh shell script. The rebuild script relies on relative paths to read and write certain files, so it, and other files it needs, need to be copied to the root <BSP>/ folder:
$ cp <BSP>/pre-built/linux/images/*.sh <BSP>/.
$ cp <BSP>/pre-built/linux/images/*.tcl <BSP>/.
The PetaLinux BSPs and underlying Vivado hardware projects can also be built from scratch by following the instructions in these blog posts:
How will you use these BSPs? How do they help you? Please comment below with your experience and what BSP(s) you have used!